Humanitarian convoy turned away from Mariupol. A convoy loaded with food, water, clothes and evacuation buses was not able to reach the city as it was turned away by Russians, according to Deputy Head of the Ukrainian President's Office Kyrylo Tymoshenko. This is the third day that the convoy was unable to reach the city.
Most Popular

PepsiCo said it would leave Russia. Last year, it paid $237 million to the state
Ukrainian volunteer who says FSB blackmailed him says he is safe, no longer in Russia

Fire Point confirms ballistic missile to be combat-ready in September, hikes Denmark plant investment

Putin breaks silence on Ukraine Wildberries attacks

Fedorov calls for wartime elections, says Putin shouldn't decide when Ukrainians vote
News Feed Show More
Friday, August 21
The full extent of the casualties and damage is still being assessed.
"The Australian government (should) consider legislation to seize Russian sanctioned entity assets and consider legislation to disburse these assets to Ukraine," recommends a Senate report.
The 83-year-old was found with a gunshot wound to the head in his apartment according to Russian outlets.
Governor Oleh Hryhorov said one of the strikes directly hit the building, injuring six residents, including a 16-year-old girl.
Four years since Moscow launched its full-scale invasion of Ukraine, the Russian House has been allowed to continue operating at its location on Friedrichstrasse, one of Berlin's most famous streets.
The soldiers had been sent to Germany for training before returning to Ukraine to fight Russia, according to Die Zeit.
The 27-year-old man may face up to 20 years in prison if convicted of attempting to engage in intentional foreign interference.
The meeting will take place on Ukraine's Independence Day and be the third time the grouping has met in Kyiv since it was established by France and the U.K. in March 2025, with the aim of agreeing on security guarantees for a post-ceasefire Ukraine.
Russia’s Defense Ministry claimed its air defenses shot down 325 Ukrainian drones overnight.
The figure includes 1,390 casualties Russian forces suffered over the past day.
Russia’s UN Ambassador Vasily Nebenzya claimed on Aug. 20 that mass mobilization of Russian soldiers is not currently planned, while stopping short of ruling out its possibility following next month's Russian parliamentary election.
The report follows an uptick in Russian military flights near NATO's eastern border, which NATO countries describe as "provocations" and acts of aggression meant to test the country's air defenses.
Among the targets of the latest measures are former lawmaker Yurii Ivanyushchenko and the creators of the animated Russian series "Masha and the Bear."
Thursday, August 20
(Updated: )
Prime Minister Serhii Koretskyi announced that the Finance Ministry has been instructed to sell Sense Bank and transfer the proceeds to the military.
Editors' Picks

Fedorov broke Ukraine's wartime election taboo. What happens next?

Once a hub in the rear, Pavlohrad is now in Russia's glide bomb crosshairs

'I'm skeptical' — Ukrainian soldiers react to Fedorov's bombshell election video


