PURPOSE AND WHO WE ARE
The Kyiv Independent website doesn’t currently collect any personal information that can be used to identify users, such as names or contact information.
The Kyiv Independent website uses embedded comment sections operated by Facebook, where users comment under their Facebook profiles and can therefore be identified.
On occasion, we will ask you to voluntarily provide additional information, for example:
- Your opinion of our products and services;
- Your preferences, including newsletters or other content offerings;
- Your personal identifiable information
Information we obtain through cookies and similar tools
LAWFUL BASIS FOR PROCESSING
We only process personal information where we have a lawful basis for doing so, such as the following:
- User consent – This is where you have given us explicit permission to process personal information for a given purpose. For example, if you complete one of our general enquiry forms, we would ask for your consent if we wanted to use your personal information for any other purpose. You have the right to withdraw this consent at any time. You can manage your preferences by contacting us at [email protected]
- Legitimate business purposes – This is where we have a legitimate interest, as a business, to process personal information. We take due care to balance our interests against your right to privacy.
- Contractual necessity – This is where we have to process personal information to meet our contractual obligations.
- Legal obligation – This is where we have to process personal information in order to comply with the law.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personal information for the following reasons:
- To provide our service
- To improve and maintain performance
- To monitor compliance with our policies and terms
- For the purpose of advertising
If you would like further information in relation to your rights or would like to exercise any of them, you may also contact us via [email protected]. If you reside or are located in the EEA, you have the right to request that we:
- provide access to any Personally Identifiable Information we hold about you;
- prevent the processing of your Personally Identifiable Information for direct-marketing purposes;
- update any Personally Identifiable Information which is out of date or incorrect;
- delete any Personally Identifiable Information which we are holding about you;
- restrict the way that we process your Personally Identifiable Information;
- provide your Personally Identifiable Information to a third party provider of services; or
- provide you with a copy of any Personally Identifiable Information which we hold about you.
We try to answer every email promptly where possible, and provide our response within the time period stated by applicable law. Keep in mind, however, that there will be residual information that will remain within our databases, access logs and other records, which may or may not contain your Personally Identifiable Information. Please also note that certain Personally Identifiable Information may be exempt from such requests in certain circumstances, which may include if we need to keep processing your Personally Identifiable Information to comply with a legal obligation.
If you have any privacy-related questions, suggestions, unresolved problems, or complaints you may contact us via [email protected].
If you reside or are located in the EEA, we may assist with all queries regarding our processing of Personally Identifiable Information at [email protected].
Our Sites are not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not intentionally collect or use any information from children.
If you have a query in regards to the processing of your personal information, please contact us at [email protected].