Sumy Oblast Governor Dmytro Zhyvytsky reported on April 5 that in Konotop district of Sumy Oblast, the Ukrainian military found the bodies of at least three tortured civilians in places where Russian forces had been stationed. Russians withdrew from Sumy region on April 3.
Most Popular

Russia's mobilization arithmetic. How many can the Kremlin send to war?

Winter has grounded Ukraine's interceptor drones, gutting Kyiv's air defense

Investigation: European companies keep the motors of Russia's war machine running

Ukraine war latest: Ukraine destroys half of Russia's 'key' Pantsir air defense systems, security service says

Ukraine's military turns Russian equipment into 'scrap metal' in newly released video
News Feed Show More
Wednesday, February 18
The Kyiv Independent’s Martin Fornusek speaks with Bill Browder, investor and longtime sanctions advocate, about why Western sanctions have so far failed to change Russian President Vladimir Putin’s behavior.
(Updated: )
Six Russians and four Belarusians will be allowed to compete at the upcoming Games in Milan. It will be the first time the Russian flag has flown at the Paralympics since 2014.
(Updated: )
Russia launched an Iskander-M ballistic missile and 126 drones at Ukraine overnight, the Air Force said.
The alleged raid was described by Zaluzhnyi as "an act of intimidation," according to AP.
Investigators and bomb disposal experts continue to work at the scene, the report read.
(Updated: )Peace talks
'Difficult' talks in Geneva — Zelensky signals progress on ceasefire, political stalemate continues.
"We agreed to continue and move forward," President Volodymyr Zelensky said.
"We will significantly step up efforts to counter all forms of his facilitation of the killing of Ukrainians. We will work with our partners so that this has a global effect," Zelensky said.
The number includes 740 casualties that Russian forces suffered over the past day.
(Updated: )Peace talks
"Discussions focused on practical issues and the mechanics of possible solutions," Ukraine's National Security and Defense Council Secretary Rustem Umerov said.
Tuesday, February 17
The attack on the Metafrax Chemicals plant in Perm Krai was carried out overnight between Feb. 16-17 by deep strike specialists from the SBU's Alpha unit.
Editors' Picks

Investigation: European companies keep the motors of Russia's war machine running

In Germany, Ukrainian veteran's role in Nord Stream attack tests wartime law

Europe's new gamble on Russia's exiles, explained


