The Kyiv Independent, Ukraine’s biggest English-language publication, is looking for a producer.
The Kyiv Independent is Ukraine’s main English-language news outlet. It was founded in November 2021 by a team of reporters and editors who were fired from the Kyiv Post for defending editorial independence, in partnership with a media consultancy company Jnomics. Today it’s a team of 37 people based mostly in Kyiv. Publishing in English, we serve as Ukraine’s voice in the world and the world’s window into Ukraine.
- Organization of filming (logistics and coordinating crew members);
- Organization of business trips;
- Coordinating the freelancers' work;
- Searching for filming locations;
- Searching for expert contacts;
- Organization of presenting investigative films.
- Previous experience of working in a similar position;
- Have own contact databases;
- Understand the specifics of journalistic investigations;
- High communication skills and ability to work in a team;
- Devotion to the values of independent journalism;
- Being based in Kyiv;
- English language proficiency (B2 or higher)
- market-level compensation;
- working with a young and highly motivated team, for an award-winning media startup;
- busy but flexible work schedule;
Please submit your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com. Put “Producer” in the subject line of the email. The candidates with relevant skills and experience will be invited for an interview.
Note: It’s a full-time position. Hybrid format of work is possible for this position upon agreement.