The contract was signed with American defense industry giant Lockheed Martin to manufacture additional High-Mobility Rocket Artillery Systems (HIMARS) for the needs of the U.S. military and international partners, the Pentagon reported.
This marks the first new contract for HIMARS production since April and the first since the system was awarded to Ukraine. The Pentagon did not specify which foreign partners are to receive the new HIMARS systems. The contract is expected to expire on Dec. 31, 2025.
Ukraine has so far received 20 HIMARS from the U.S., with 18 more to be delivered over the next few years as part of a $1 billion U.S. arms package. The Ukrainian military has been using the systems for precise strikes on Russia’s military ammunition depots and supply routes deep into Russian-occupied territories. The GPS-guided rockets of the HIMARS system, able to hit targets at long range with pinpoint accuracy, have been credited with turning the tide of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.
Politico reported on Nov. 5, citing a Pentagon official, that Russian forces hadn’t managed to destroy any of the U.S.-provided HIMARS, despite repeated Russian claims.
Most Popular

Ukraine launches one of its largest drone attacks on Moscow Oblast, damaging Wildberries warehouse

Ukraine hits key Roscosmos facility with Flamingo missiles, strikes Savasleyka airbase, Zelensky says

Poland will soon have Europe's largest army, Tusk pledges

Russia threatens 'serious damage' to relations with US, Turkey over weapons shipment to Ukraine

Ukraine's HUR claims cyberattack on Wildberries, Russian sellers complain of more disruption
"At a time when Russia continues its war of aggression against Ukraine, systematically destroying our cities, cultural heritage and national identity, granting one of the world’s most prestigious cultural platforms to a project connected to the Russian state and its networks of influence sends an extremely troubling signal," the Foreign Ministry said.
Maksym Tsutskiridze added that police have received 1.5 million requests from enlistment offices related to locating people suspected of evading mobilization.
"To the EU and its member states: please, do listen to Ukraine! Sadly, no other country in the world knows better why Moscow cannot be trusted in the atomic energy sphere," Foreign Minister Andrii Sybiha said.
Using satellite imagery and leaked documents, the publication identified at least 59 newly constructed "launch rails" spread across 10 locations, some repurposed from old military bases and civilian airports, while others were created in the countryside.
Alongside the attacks on Odesa Oblast, Russian forces launched 128 drones across Ukraine overnight on Aug. 17, the Air Force said.
The figure includes 1,440 casualties Russian forces suffered over the past day.
Russian independent media outlet Mediazona, in collaboration with the BBC Russian service, has confirmed the identities of 239,354 Russian military personnel killed in Ukraine.
Cooperation between Russia and North Korea would continue "in all the sectors," Putin said in his message, while Kim praised ties that had “carried forward the history of common struggle for justice and precious traditions of friendship,” according to Reuters.
Switzerland will provide 600,000 Swiss francs ($730,000) through UNESCO to help preserve and restore the Kyiv-Pechersk Lavra, one of Ukraine's most important historic and religious symbols, damaged in a Russian attack in June, Swiss Federal Council Delegate Jacques Gerber announced on Aug. 16.
"I believe Russia will not fall apart, but I am almost certain that we will arrive at a social crisis," Andrei Klepach, the chief economist of VEB.RF, was quoted as saying.
"We need to defeat Russia in every technological cycle, and we have to make decisions 24/7," the former defense minister said in an interview published on Aug. 16.
Russia attacked Odesa with a drone on Aug. 16, targeting a postal facility and injuring four people, including a 42-year-old woman and three men aged between 32 and 43, local authorities reported.





