The Kyiv Independent, Ukraine’s biggest English-language publication, is looking for reporters focusing on the following topics – business, culture, war, environment, disinformation, and politics.
The Kyiv Independent is Ukraine’s main English-language news outlet. It was founded in November 2021 by a team of reporters and editors who were fired from the Kyiv Post for defending editorial independence, in partnership with a media consultancy company Jnomics. Today it’s a team of 37 people based mostly in Kyiv. Publishing in English, we serve as Ukraine’s voice in the world and the world’s window into Ukraine.
- Writing exclusive, well-reported, structured stories;
- Proactively leading the coverage of the assigned beat while being ready to write on a wider range of topics when necessary;
- Maintaining and developing a network of sources.
- Experience in journalism;
- English language proficiency (C1-C2 or native speaker);
- Knowledge of Ukrainian language (enough to read and understand news updates, as well as understand a statement delivered in a video/audio form);
- Closely following Ukrainian news agenda, its main newsmakers, as well as the international agenda in relation to Ukraine;
- Devotion to the values of independent journalism;
- Being based in Kyiv.
- market-level compensation;
- working with a young and highly motivated team, for an award-winning media startup.busy, but flexible work schedule;
Please submit your CV and a motivation letter to email@example.com. Put “Reporter” in the subject line of the email. The candidates with relevant skills and experience will be invited for an interview.
Note: It’s a full-time position. Hybrid or remote format of work is possible for this position upon agreement.