Former Trump envoy Keith Kellogg visits Odesa amid Russia's ongoing port strikes

Keith Kellog, the former U.S. envoy on Ukraine, visited Odesa on Aug. 21 as part of a working group amid Russia's ongoing attacks on port infrastructure, the Infrastructure Ministry reported.
Kellogg, previously regarded as one of the most pro-Ukrainian voices in the White House, left his position in 2025 but said his work in support of Ukraine would continue after leaving his government role.
According to the Infrastructure Ministry, the U.S. delegation led by Kellogg was shown the damage from Russian attacks on port infrastructure and briefed on measures being taken to maintain operations.
"It is important to us that our American partners can see firsthand the conditions in which Ukrainian ports operate today," Deputy Minister Serhii Derkach, who was part of the Ukrainian delegation, said.
"Russia is systematically attacking civilian port infrastructure and vessels, attempting to restrict Ukrainian exports and freedom of navigation in the Black Sea. Our task is to work with our partners to strengthen the protection of ports, support safe navigation and ensure the resilience of Ukrainian logistics."
The two delegations also discussed exploring opportunities for international partners and private investment in infrastructure projects, including within the framework of the U.S.-Ukraine Reconstruction Investment Fund, according to the Infrastructure Ministry.
In recent weeks, Russia has escalated its attacks on port facilities and civilian ships in the Black Sea. Agriculture Minister Taras Vysotsky said at a briefing on Aug. 14 that Ukraine's exports fell to just 30% of its target in the first two weeks of August.
Turkey, which in previous years of the full-scale war helped broker a deal to halt attacks in the Black Sea and prevent a global food crisis, has tried to secure a new ceasefire. So far, those efforts have not produced any results.









