Newsroom Intern for The Kyiv Independent
The Kyiv Independent, Ukraine’s biggest English-language publication, is offering unpaid internships.
The Kyiv Independent is Ukraine’s main English-language news outlet. It was founded in November 2021 by a team of reporters and editors who were fired from the Kyiv Post for defending editorial independence, in partnership with a media consultancy company Jnomics. Today it’s a team of around 40 people based mostly in Kyiv. Publishing in English, we serve as Ukraine’s voice in the world and the world’s window into Ukraine.
- Contributing to the news coverage;
- Performing various journalistic tasks;
- Being fully committed to the newsroom work during the time of the internship.
- English language proficiency (B2 or higher);
- Knowledge of Ukrainian language (enough to read and understand news updates, as well as understand a statement delivered in a video/audio form);
- Following Ukrainian news agenda, its main newsmakers, as well as the international agenda in relation to Ukraine;
- Devotion to the values of independent journalism;
- Being based in Kyiv would be considered an advantage.
- Market-level compensation;
- Working with a young and highly motivated team, for an award-winning media startup;
- Busy, but flexible work schedule;
The candidates with relevant skills and experience will be invited for an interview.
Note: This can be a full-time or a part-time position. Hybrid or remote format of work is possible upon agreement.