The Kyiv Independent – Ukraine’s biggest English language publication is looking to fill a newsroom assistant.
The Kyiv Independent is Ukraine’s main English-language news outlet. It was founded in November 2021 by a team of reporters and editors who were fired from the Kyiv Post for defending editorial independence, in partnership with a media consultancy company Jnomics. Today it’s a team of around 40 people based mostly in Kyiv. Publishing in English, we serve as Ukraine’s voice in the world and the world’s window into Ukraine.
- Providing logistical and admin support to editorial team members:
- handling state accreditation procedures;
- booking accommodations and transportation for work travels;
- finding and booking relevant premises or locations for shooting;
- handling equipment rent and purchase;
- filing applications/submissions for journalism prizes/competitions on behalf of The Kyiv Independent;
- Working closely with the managerial team to collect data (story links, photographs etc.) for various types of reports on editorial work;
- Organizing corporate events and introducing corporate traditions;
- Transcribing interviews in Ukrainian, English and Russian languages;
- Providing overall operational admin support to editorial team members.
- Strong command of English language (upper intermediate or advanced);
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members and external stakeholders;
- An ability to work under pressure, to tight deadlines;
- Knowledge and understanding of the values of The Kyiv Independent;
- Flexibility and eagerness to learn and grow professionally.
- market level compensation;
- busy, but flexible work schedule;
- a young, international and highly motivated team;
- the ability to work remotely upon agreement;
- work with foreign companies, world opinion leaders.
Candidates with relevant skills and experience will be invited for an interview.
Note: It’s a full-time position in Kyiv, Ukraine. Hybrid format of work is possible upon agreement but non-remote is a preferred way of work.