News Feed

Minister: Ukraine grain deal extended for four months.

0 min read

Ukrainian Infrastructure Minister Oleksandr Kubrakov said that an agreement on the extension had been reached in Istanbul.

In July, Ukraine, Russia, Turkey, and the UN struck a deal to unblock grain exports, called the Black Sea Grain Initiative.

On Oct. 29, Russia said it was suspending its participation in the grain deal due to a drone attack on Russian warships in the occupied port of Sevastopol. Russia accuses Ukraine of the attack, while Ukraine has not commented on whether it was responsible for the attack.

However, on Nov. 2 Russia made a U-turn and said it was staying in the deal.

Avatar
The Kyiv Independent news desk

We are the news team of the Kyiv Independent. We are here to make sure our readers get quick, essential updates about the events in Ukraine. Feel free to contact us via email with feedback and news alerts.

Read more
News Feed

"If we see an opportunity to pull together talks that are productive, not counterproductive, and that have the chance to be fruitful, we're prepared to play that role," U.S. Secretary of State Marco Rubio said.

Our members don't just provide our funding; they also encourage us, share story ideas, and go to incredible lengths to help Ukraine. We are constantly impressed by our members' kindness and generosity, so we decided to find out more about where they come from and why they choose to support us.

Show More