The Defense Ministry’s Intelligence Directorate Head Kyrylo Budanov said on Oct. 18 that Russian war criminal Igor Girkin, also known as Igor Strelkov, is currently in a Russian-occupied part of Ukraine. Girkin also said on his Telegram channel that he was sent to the front line in Ukraine. Girkin is a former Russian FSB agent and a key figure in the start of Russia’s war against Ukraine when he helped seize Sloviansk, Donetsk Oblast, in 2014. Girkin has also been found guilty of participating in the downing of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17 over Ukraine, which killed 283 people. He has since been critical of Russian President Vladimir Putin, accusing him of mishandling Russia’s war effort. On Oct. 16, Ukraine announced a $100,000 bounty for Girkin.
Most Popular

Ukraine launches one of its largest drone attacks on Moscow Oblast, damaging Wildberries warehouse

Poland will soon have Europe's largest army, Tusk pledges

Chief economist at key Russian state development bank reportedly fired after warning of economic defeat to West

Russia threatens 'serious damage' to relations with US, Turkey over weapons shipment to Ukraine

Analysis: Russia doubles down, setting stage for new phase of total war
News Feed Show More
Tuesday, August 18
The Russian-installed administration at the plant told the IAEA that 16 staff members and subcontractors were injured in the blast.
At around 7:45 p.m. local time, Kyiv Mayor Vitaliy Klitschko said debris from Russian drones had been reported at two locations in the Dniprovskyi district.
(Updated: )
"London's actions will inevitably carry consequences for which it will have to answer," the Russian Embassy to the U.K. said.
Arsen Zhumadilov, the director of the Defense Ministry's Defense Procurement Agency, is set to resign in the coming weeks, the Ukrainian media outlet ZN.UA reported, citing its sources.
"The risks we identified at the time have not miraculously vanished. But we have no fundamental objection to this money being used to support the Ukrainian cause," said Belgian Foreign Minister Maxime Prevot.
A court in St. Petersburg has issued the city's first fine to a local resident over a video posted online following a Ukrainian drone attack on the city
(Updated: )
Moscow Mayor Sergey Sobyanin said that at least 180 Ukrainian drones were shot down over Moscow Oblast during the attack, with over 600 claimed to have been launched at the region.
(Updated: )
Zelensky also nominated Andrii Sybiha to again take up the post of foreign minister.
The Stuttgart court sentenced the man to one year and three months in prison, but ruled that his pre-trial detention would count toward the sentence, meaning he will now be released.
The Security Service of Ukraine (SBU) detained a suspected Russian agent in Kharkiv Oblast who allegedly registered 27 Starlink terminals in the front-line city of Izium to coordinate Russian troops and drone strikes.
"Along with him, Ukraine has brought back a part of itself: its memory, its Ukrainian experience, and our national history — the history of all those who, at different times, lived and fought for Ukraine, for our independence, and for our sovereign state," President Volodymyr Zelensky said.




