Wednesday, December 7, 2022

externalForeign exchange market turnover decreases five times.

This item is part of our running news digest

by The Kyiv Independent news deskMarch 31, 2022 4:21 pm
Share

The trading turnover decreased from $500-700 million to $100-200 million since the beginning of Russia's full-scale invasion of Ukraine, according to Oleksii Lupin, director of the National Bank of Ukraine’s Open Market Operations Department.

He also said that 75% of the total demand for the currency is card transactions when Ukrainian refugees withdraw from hryvnia cards abroad and the other 25% is from demands in critical areas, such as in the purchase of weapons and fuel.

externalGo to the source of this newsSEE OUR NEWS DIGEST
The Kyiv Independent news desk
The Kyiv Independent news desk

We are here to make sure our readers get quick, essential updates about the events in Ukraine.

Independent journalism
for an independent Ukraine
Independence is an expensive currency. Both Ukraine and its journalists are paying a high price to preserve its independence. Support Ukraine's trusted journalism in its darkest hour.