Social Media Manager for The Kyiv Independent
The Kyiv Independent, Ukraine’s biggest English language publication, is looking to fill a social media manager position.
The Kyiv Independent is Ukraine’s main English-language news outlet. It was founded in November 2021 by a team of reporters and editors who were fired from the Kyiv Post for defending editorial independence, in partnership with a media consultancy company Jnomics. Today it’s a team of around 40 people based mostly in Kyiv. Publishing in English, we serve as Ukraine’s voice in the world and the world’s window into Ukraine.
- Creating operational and strategic plans for the KI social media presence;
- Coordinating internal and external content producers;
- Work with journalists and editors to ensure content is informative and appealing;
- Creating and posting content to all social media channels where the KI is present
- Launch creative social media initiatives and promotion campaigns for stand alone products and projects;
- Set key performance indicators (KPIs) for social media campaigns;
- Manage a budget for social media activities;
- Engaging with social media users by responding to the KI readers and community members;
- Have 2+ years of experience in social media and communications;
- English language proficiency (C1-C2 or native speaker);
- Located in a European time zone;
- Understand the basics of marketing, essential metrics, and the know-how to measure them;
- Ability to communicate complex ideas simply, both oral and written;
- Ambition and eagerness to learn and grow professionally, desire to improve the KI’s social media performance;
- A devotion to the values of independent journalism and the KI;
- Being based in Kyiv isn’t necessary but would be considered an advantage.
- Market level compensation;
- Working with a young and highly motivated team, for an award-winning media startup.
- Busy, but flexible work schedule;
The candidates with relevant skills and experience will be invited for an interview.
Note: It’s a full-time position. Hybrid or remote format of work is possible for this position upon agreement.